Dawn of the Black Sun
A whisper of a rumor of a shadow, this Asian group is the most secretive of societies. With no fixed territory or structure, the Dragon have dissolved and reformed through out history. They believe a controlled society is a sick society. Only through collapse and rebuilding, the natural chaos of life, can the world be in harmony. Recently they have taken root in a nameless district in Seoul, Korea.
To an outsider, their strategies are incomprehensible. Fractal patterns, chaos theory, random numbers, and unrelated events. The Dragon understand there is no pattern, only acts of great change to be committed. From whispers to an explosion, they divine that an incident here, a disappearance there, can change the course of everything; acupunture applied to a paralysed planet.
* Gain a dot in contacts chosen from Occultists, Scientists, Historians, and Academics.
* * * Gain 2 dot in Library
* * * * * The character gets either 3 dots in anonymity or fame. If the character already has either the dots are added up to the merits maximum. Any dots after the maximum are granted as experience.
The old guard. Suave and sophisticated, but fiercely brutal and uncompromising in their crusade against darkness.
Proudly tracing their royal lineage back to Babylon, the Templars are the lions of The Secret World. Old Europe is theirs and the Templars marble halls dominate the old London borough Ealdwic-historic capital of the secret world. Its not just a show of strength. Nothing is just a show with the Templars.
At the forefront of the war against darkness, they decided for themselves what counts as darkness. Never backing down from a fight, never forgetting a grudge. They have tradition to uphold. For thousands of years they have been single-minded in their mission to obliterate evil in all its forms. Where angels fear to tread, Templars kick down the doors.
* Gain a dot in contacts chosen from military, police, occultists, and religious.
* * * Gain 2 dot allies.
* * * * * You gain a 3 dots in safehouse. Any dots after the maximum are granted as experience.
Invisible puppet-masters and corporate manipulators, they crave power and wealth by any means necessary.
The Illuminati may have ancient roots, but they forever remain young and hungry. In every growing empire they had play for it all, and they play for keeps. Stealing the Americas from under the Templars' noses, they grew with the United States to become a shadow superpower. Their corporate headquarters, the labyrinth is in an undisclosed location beneath Brooklyn,New York.
Acting silently, unless the occasion calls for gunshots, the Illuminati push for the New World Order. It will be empowering and ruthless. Failure is not an option. Complacency is worse than not an option. Their arsenal is the ambition of a news media startup, the rhetoric of a congressman and mogul business sense. Working hard, playing hard and fighting dirty.
* Gain a dot in contacts chosen from occultists, Politicians, Financial Experts, and High Society
* * * The Character gains the Fixer merit.
* * * * * Gain +3 dots in resources. Any dots after the maximum are granted as experience.
The Council of Venice
The Council of Venice is like the United Nations, a watch-group that makes sure all of the factions are abiding by the "gentleman's agreement" that allows for them to carry out their secret war by designating both the locations and rules for where fighting can occur and to keep the Secret World from the public.
Current Members of the Council
The Invictus (Known to not represent all members)
Lancea Sanctum (Known to not represent all members)
The Free Council
The Adamantine Arrow
The Silver Ladder
Guardians of the Veil
Seer's of the Throne
Les Enfants Diabolique
The Ascending Ones
Aegis Kai Doru
* Gain a dot in contacts chosen from Occult or one of it's members.
* * * Gain a 2 dot mentor
* * * * * Gain a 3 dot Enhanced Item